Motorcycle diaries... what a show...that depicts the state of my life now.
Punctuated in the journey of Ernesto was a book called "Lattitudes of Silence." That summed up for me the current journey.
Things have been silent. Slow. Quiet. Mellow.
Sometimes I enjoy it. Sometimes I hate it. And wish I would have none of it.
But I think God is saying something... that in silence, there is lattitude. I think He is broadening something. My capacity for quietness? My capacity to be still? My capacity to listen? My capacity to love? My capacity for tenacity? Probably all of the above. A test of my passion? A test of minimal fuel for the journey? A test of my consistency? Probably all of it too.
Just like the movie. No extreme highs or lows. Just a diary, just cruising. Just telling. Just recording. But brewing within are views, heart change, convictions, new thoughts being shaped. I wonder what will come out of this. I'll probably think about it a longer while.
Let me stay in the season til its due.
Tuesday, October 12, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment