Saturday, January 20, 2007

OSeven

the year has started... and already... so many things are & have been happening...but more so... I think I'm facing them well... Feel and know that I am a lot free-er, more joyful and strong.

The key thing is the centrality of God. Indeed with Him as my centre... circumstances may change, people may leave, people may change, society may twist, the weather may be crazy, my feelings may be awry... but He does not shift. He is good. He is B-I-G and He loves me.

Yepz... this week alone... my sec sch best friend gave birth... and wow... another life's milestone. One of my favourite families is confirmed leaving for Aust end Jan... I met my youth pastor and youth leaders of FIFTEEN YEARS ago!!! Yeah... life changes rapidly... but glad I have a strong, unbendable anchor.

I think I've also grown... and this sentence really spoke to me. On Ch 5, they interviewed the guy who lost his legs to polio yet went on to compete with wheels. He said this that captured my heart - "I work with what I have, not with what I do not". This sentence has been ringing in my heart and mind for weeks. I think a huge part of my life I've been comparing and complaining deep down that I am not enough, I do not have enough, I am disadvantaged, I am not privileged. I'm slowly recognising...whenI start to look at what I have, its actually a LOT. Wow. Dunno why I never saw this. But just seeing this, really frees me to go all out and grow, learn and develop my skills. I start to be really happy - with what I can do - just painting, playing the piano, creating jewellery, craft... and wow. Its amazing.

To also hear how people still remember/ keep my cards, to hear how people like my art... really blows me away. I feel free to create. Never before. Glad.

Will walk on... and really hope to create a lot more... dreaming of doing window displays, flower art, fashion design, font design, art exhibitions, jewellery design... totally inspired by Haji lane.

Life is fun. Glad to be my age. Glad to be where I am. Glad to look forward. More to come!

No comments: