Just watched David Tao in concert... what amazes me is his passion for making music. How he is not just there to make money i.e. commercialism but also to share his music with people. You can feel his dedication. You can see his dedication. He is involved from the production to the sound engineering and wow... it sure was a great concert.
I like passionate people. People who live their life strongly... not just by the trends or just passing by. But people who feel... people who fight... people who go lengths to do what they believe in...
I like David Tao.
I admire him for standing up for love. One of his song is called "Love, so simple" (oopz... i know this sounds very singlish... haha... its a direct translation from Chinese...hahah... maybe it should be - Love, its just that simple).
That was his last song for the concert. And it just sums up what he stood for, of how his music was to spread love. That he wants people to remember not him nor his songs that night but the atmosphere of love. Wow. The cynics will call it a marketing gimmick. But I think he meant it. Sometimes being passionate is foolish, from a cynic's point of view. Naive and idealistic. Hmm... but love is irrational many times. And God's love is. I used to be a MAJOR cynic. But the more I know God's love, the more 'unreal' it seems... but it IS real. That changes me. Love changes cynics. Its not that I'm a naive airhead that thinks the world is all roses but rather a new paradigm. I know I'm loved. I know God loves. Yet I know there is Sin that destructs. Its not God who creates evil, its us who in rebellion causes God to lift that protection. Sigh... if only we saw things in light... there will be less evil...
Yeah.... more love... that's what the world needs... its just so simple. Love. Not money, not power, not more material things nor even spiritual medals... but Love... No wonder God's 2 greatest commandments was to Love God and then to love people. Period.
Love. Like Jesus. Love.
Tuesday, July 20, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
this is one powerful entry girl, so insightful. big *nod nod* to the world needing more love, and love being able to overcome cynics, and to passion sometimes appearing foolish.
oh how we need more love.. the revelation of His passion for us determines our level of passion for Him :)
you've been awesome dear. love ya.
Post a Comment