Friday, August 06, 2004

Getting life in order

Its funny how packing my room gives me a sense of order.

When life seems out of control. When you don't seem to get things in order. When life gets messy. When life seems just too much.

Yeah.

Singing too. Singing that God is the God of wonders beyond our galaxy. He is Holy. Holy. The universe declares His majesty. He is Holy, Holy. God of heaven and earth. Brings order. Because He holds it all. Not me.

Yeah.

Guess we are imperfect. Life is imperfect. There will never be a time where we get it all together. Life changes all the time. We are transiting all the time. We are moving on all the time. The consolation? I'm doing it better. Day by day. Step by step. Firmer in Him. Closer to Him. Walking into my destiny. Fulfilling dreams and desires.

Why be enough all the time? Why try so hard to be perfect? Why do we need to win all the time? We can never be. We can never. On this earth.

Well. I suppose we put the important things in place. The rest will follow. Love. Love. Love. Love God. Love people. I love Sam from "I am Sam". He knows the most important thing. Love.

Glad Pfeiffer in that movie had begun to get things together - loving Willie, her kid.

My room IS getting neater. My systems are getting more efficient. I am doing the things I dreamed of doing for years. There may be still many. But I'm getting there. Surer. Sooner.

But... more so... I love more. I understand what Love is more each day. I love Daddy God. And I know He loves me. I feel His love for other people. I love them too. Love... the most important thing you can have. The most important thing you can give.

No comments: