In the book " The Overload Syndrome" by Richard A. Swenson, M.D., there were some themes in the book that drove home...
" The significant has been forced to wrestle with the superficial" how true... every additional product on the supermarket shelve steals another minute of considering which to buy...could use that minute to smile and love...
"Dilution and distraction" ... defocuses and robs concentration. Ads, ads and more ads!!! Too many choices...
"Volume displacing value" Too much, too many in a shorter time.
" Jesus was exceptionally focused. His intent was the glory of the Father, and nothing could distract Him from it. This does not mean He did not rest. It does not mean He never enjoyed Himself. It simply means He could not be distracted."
Jesus probably faced lots of pressure - from the authorities to conform, the people who are needy, screaming fans that want more, disciples's expectations... but he is so composed. He had so many choices. Yet He KNEW what His Father wanted. He focused. He knew when to WAIT. STOP. and GO. Remarkable. I want that. I really do.
I don't want small things, small decisions, multiple things to detract me. I want to stay on the track!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No more robbery!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sunday, January 16, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment