Saturday, April 15, 2006

walking in different pairs of shoes

life is really interesting...

sometimes you will never know until you really walk in other pairs of shoes...

the world will be a better place with more grace and understanding...

>> always wondered why techies seem so disengaged at seemingly spiritual events... after this round of back to back rehearsals, early mornings and late nights... my mind and my body seems a little disengaged... still keeping a spiritual focus but otherwise... it is almost survival mode - just getting it through technically well, making sure there ain't no glitches, making sure things are recorded well. kinda on a gear shifting mode. boy, i'm tired. plus listening to the same piece of music endless times... just takes that sense of freshness away. My hope is that I'll not become cynical and disengaged always. But I'll keep hoping. Looking forward. And my heart will always be reverent, loving and devoted to my Saviour. Glad I had time last week to ponder on His heart for me... and my response of Him going to the cross... and coming out from the tomb.

>> what comes easy for one person may not be easy for another. most people (plus me last time) kinda wonder why another can't do a certain thing etc and place a judgement...until I entered the world of technology. Coming face to face with something not that intuitive or easy to grasp for me... certainly humbled me lots. What is easy to someone else is like climbing a mountain for me... vice versa. I learnt to accept, understand and encourage.

Sometimes it just takes walking in another role... to understand... our blind spots stem from a selfish heart:
>> our tasks are the most difficult and that of others are easier
>> others are not as smart as us

sigh... the human heart... I so need the forgiveness and love of the one who gives it unselfishly and unconditionally... so I can give them freely too. The God who made the universe yet does not boast a hint of His works. What a model.

No comments: