
Today is National day!!!
The National Day Parade is starting soon.... just ate durians for tea... heh.
Watched "Tak Giu"... a local indie film-maker who made a short film on hope.
I like the ending - where after all the obstacles, they broke through to find what they were looking for ... a soccer field to practise. I like the humour. It was well done.
However, the characters were rather 'typical' Singaporean - complaining, blaming, easily discouraged - ever ready to comment on the negative situation. Hmm... looking at today and ahead, I dream of Singaporeans (including myself)... shaking off these habits and transforming to be more positive. I dream of people who will stop complaining but choose to be the solution to the problem. I dream of a new breed of people who will arise and be more compassionate. I dream of Singaporeans shaking off their apathy and their indifference. I dream of Singaporeans reaching beyond their comfort zones and changing the lifes of the poor and needy. Yes... its time. That Singapore does not boast of the best airport but is grateful we can be the best... so we can serve others best. A shift in motivation. Yet maintaining economic prosperity. Not advancing ahead, yet losing our souls. Not getting more money, but our families suffer.
A new breed. Coupled with tenacity. Hearts full of compassion. Beyond just ourselves.
No comments:
Post a Comment