Saturday, September 30, 2006

Lighted up.

















Goodness.

It's been two weeks of intense activity.

Mervyn's father's death... showed me that the strength of family is seen... in times of crisis. I think I'm finally understanding "family"... a lot better... and its finally hitting home.

I stand amazed. At how the church family rallies around him... that Ian will fly back to be with him. I feel protected. That I know I can count on William... to help escort me from the ulu bus stop to the funeral parlour. I feel I can count on people. Noellie gave me a lift there and Queen back to SMU... I'm not alone. Maybe that's why Liverpool's club line is "You'll never walk alone." All the things Joel said about family. Its true. Thank you God. No matter how messed up my family is, I have a Family.

















I shared my farewell speech at Coos... hmmfff... was really emo... coz I just bared my heart and chose to be vulnerable... and thanked everybody for their presence in my life... how they've touched me and brought joy into these two years of this crazy journey.

Did not expect it... coz I just wanted to bless... people starting saying stuff and giving me hugs... and it touched heart chords that are deep and soothing... the brokeness is being made whole. The words of affirmation from them... dwell deep. Pierced through the pain... and heal...

Pfff.... its been a super ride... sometimes I look back and think I've gave up a lot... and lost a lot in terms of money or career.... YET... looking at the "riches" I've accumulated - the healing, the freedom, the joy, the changes, the paradigm shifts, a new Family, being a blessing to many, learning so many new things, travelling etc etc ... far surpasses and fulfills. Without undermining the "practical"... these two years were a much needed window... The more I look back at these two years... the more I see Daddy God's fingerprints... the more I'm amazed. At the end of all this... gain or loss is a matter of perspective... I think I'm beginning to understand what it means to lose your life... to gain life...

I'm glad. And grateful.

The one-liner to sum everything up is... "How Great Thou Art"... then sings my soul.... my Saviour God to thee... how great thou art.... how great thou art... ... ... ... ... ... ...
... coz nothing of all these can ever happen... without Him... and that all the bad things can become good... because of Him... =) *beam*

No comments: