Saturday, February 24, 2007

What John Mayer is to John Heng, Jason Mraz is to me



I like John Mayer but I like Jason Mraz better.

Just finished watching the DVD of "Tonight, again". Blown away. Woah. I knew he was good but live was better. It was SHHER pleasure, just listening to him scat and roll out prose like this! Brilliant! Loved the improvisation to the lyrics, for the moment. And how he explored a variety of styles just within the concert itself. Beautiful. And of course - the polariods. Grin.

He's got a nice clear voice, clean looks and is really likeable. I really really enjoy his songs. Perhaps I'm a word person too. I think I enjoy the words more than the music. If it were just poems, I would have lapped them up too. Love the parallels, love the rhymes. It's like rap too. I DIG this kind of thing man! Haha.

He reminds me of Jamie Cullum - breaking through general traditions of music - the fixed formulaic 3 min pop song and how stiff playing with a grand piano is. Good stuff.

La la la la la life is wonderful...

No comments: