Saturday, June 07, 2008

I have a dream?




finally watched dreamgirls... been wanting to watch it a long time.

It's pretty much hairspray actually... 60's music + set + touching on racial issues. Slightly American Gangster. Pretty entertaining. Loved the music + most of all, the editing - it was superb. The transitions were beautiful, very well crafted. My favourite... the opening sequence. LOVE IT. TOTALLY. I dig that kind of thing. Abstract and evoking emotions.

glad to just chill and watch a movie... today I'm really maxed. It's been a long week. Almost gruelling. Learnt lots. To make decisions faster. To be more firm. To be focused (like an athlete). To encourage and motivate myself and my team. To be accountable. But tough. Feel slightly drained now.

I think my work now is also a question.

And after the movie... I'm wondering... what's my dream. the naive thoughts... to the 'realistic' and slightly cynical state now... sigh... hope to find a good balance... in the middle... idealist realist? is it possible? is it passe? I don't know.

Yet learning to receive privileges and accept the responsibility. Of my choice. Things are blur and foggy... like my photos. Recently my photos are grittier.

Oh well... there's still hope. and victories. I think I need to sleep. :)

No comments: