Part II.
Went back tonight. Not so much for the keynote message/speaker but just to support friends and see who else I'll meet tonight.
True enough. There were other surprises.
First up - I met a couple whose songs + partnership impacted me and my giving to kids 4-5 years ago. Seeing them and listening to them brought back lots of memories. Was a good time asking some hard questions and at the same time recall the evidence of impacted lives today. Sow in tears, reap in joy? The same fire burns within - still deep within me to see kids grow up with a global worldview.
Was an interesting keynote session and was also good to see response... yet I found myself asking more questions, probing deeper and searching for evidence I've not seen. It isn't so much of cynicism, but just taking a step back, having an overview and asking - what's missing? what needs to be changed? what can be done? what next? questions like: how do we move from passion in youth to practical steps in young adulthood? where are the concrete examples of marketplace believers on the pulpit(?) who make a difference with their work daily (everyday heroes)... also laying down their lives in other ways? how can people be coached to understand the power of video and know how to ride on it to deepen the message communicated via the video? [I'm sure nobody else in the whole auditorium thinks about these things?]
Came home and was clearing my email... came across an article and this short snippet made lots of sense (obviously the title grabbed my attention;) )
" In God We (Nearly) Trust
by Max Lucado
To embrace God's sovereignty is to drink from the well of his lordship and make a sailboat-in-the-storm decision. Not in regard to Milt and the sea, but in regard to God and life. You look toward the Captain and resolve: he knows what's best."
This just summarises where I'm at. Not exactly in a storm but am in a post storm stage and wondering where I'm headed after where I've been. Interesting how the idea of sovereignty was the subject of the keynote message yesterday...
Friday, July 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment