Just got back from a conference meeting...
Being there really brought back many memories... ...
met a good old ministry young adult friend who've journeyed together with me for the last 6 years... and had a quick chat over dinner. so good to see her.
then met another J21 co-runner... thought of her the other day... good to remember those days when we served together...
bumped into a dear dear ex-colleague who was serving at the event... really deeply appreciate him... was really good to just to chat a bit and catch up... thankful for him...remember the times he patiently taught me many things, how we'd drink coke and eat chips together and his DJing at the office... wah... *nostalgic*
saw a couple of good friends who went overseas - been reading their emails... and it was super lovely to see them back here. Short conversations, lots to catch up over meals. later... circled in the conversation was another friend whom 3 of us met overseas about 6 years ago. Wow...it has been a journey...
sitting through the conference just brought back many memories of videoing I've done... of friends... who became part of the reason why I'm now at KY and who responded... and are now at East Timor... there's something about videoing - where the images and the emotions stick.
Oh yes... and saw another good old friend who had been part of my recent journey... a faithful friend who is ready to give me a lift back... staccato catch up but good nonetheless...
I'm tempted to head back tomorrow (not so much for the conference) but to see more friends...
Wow... what a night... glad I came... glad for where I am (with KY who supports such conferences)... and for where I've been (its been a tough journey... but its been beautiful in many ways...glad I am reminded tonight...)...
Thursday, July 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
totally agree. God's the one really keeping us all and growing us.
it's great to be maturing in the purposes of God and growing into the freedom of walking this journey tog as a generation, with less and less insecurity, jadedness, striving and weariness without much fruit!
He really never changes and is at work to make all hings beautiful in His time!
can't imagine what more glorious things will unfold before us!
appreciate you lots. may we all persevere on together!
thanks babe - yeah we journey together... thanks for your patience with me...
Post a Comment