Thursday, September 09, 2004

A Season of Quietness

Going through a season of quietness. Perhaps the renovation God is doing in my life already causes so much noise that deep within me, I just stay quiet.

Its funny. To see yourself quiet. Normally chatty, chirpy and many times like a "energizer rabbit" turn recluse (?). I guess I'm just processing deeply. Deep in thought, deep in brokeness. Guess the butterfly had to stay still when it was still a caterpillar mothing out of its cocoon.

Didn't say much at a super good friend's birthday party last night.
Stuttered often recently.
Struggled to introduce myself last night at a J21 pre-concert run through.

Such a stark difference. From the Jael who was speaks her mind. From the Jael who presented million dollar media plans. From the Jael who speaks passionately.

Maybe God is humbling me. From the corporate gal. From the "I can do it all" gal. Reduced to nothing.

Trusting a new confidence will emerge. Trusting that my identity in God is so rooted that nothing shakes it. Trusting Father God.

If it takes a season of quietness to let God do whatever He need, let it be.


1 comment:

eeleen said...

struck a chord.
yes, whatever it takes. :)