went around with my boss to pick something pretty for his wife for Christmas. Was real fun. It was quite a strange sight... 3 of us carrying loads of techy equipment... walking into elegant jewellery stores looking for something dainty. Hehz. He finally settled on a purple gold ring.
His gal got her ears pierced and he got her a new pair of flower earrings too. (*ahem* of course with my recommendations *heh*).
Got home. And was glad in my heart yet also slightly jealous. Glad because it was such a sweet thing to do. Lovely. A woman will always be a woman. To love beauty. To like dainty things. To enjoy something special in such a way. And a man to recognise that and to make an effort to do that for her. Kinda like how he says he will climb over the moon just to catch a star for her.
And as a father too, to just give something pretty to his gal... is so special... wished my father did that too. To affirm the feminity... the longing to be a princess... that its ok to like pretty things and be a princess. John and Stasi Eldredge in "Captivating", tells a story of how this set of parents celebrated the birthday of Carrie and goes on to say "Her father whispered to his "Little Princess" that he loved her. Life for Carrie was closer to life as God meant it to be for every little girl. She knew her father cherished her. She was his princess. He was her knight in shining armor. He wanted to spend time with her. Hers was a world where her father protected her, her mother nurtured her , and she was enjoyed. This is the soil a girl's soul was meant to grow in; in this was the garden her young heart was meant to flourish within. Every little girl should be so loved, so welcomed - seen, known, treasured. From this place, she can become a strong and beautiful and confident woman. If only that was how if was for all of us."
Yup. Sometimes I really wished I didn't have to go through all I had too. I wished I had a father who spent time with me, bought pretty things for me... that I dun have to go through so much heartache that I go through.
Was hanging out with his daughter these few days and I noticed she always wore a princess tee. Sleeping beauty, Ariel... and I asked her... who was her favorite princess. It was Cinderalla. The book also mentioned: "Have you ever wondered why the Cinderella story keeps haunting us?... All those legends and fairy tales of the undiscovered Princess and Beauty hidden as a maid are more accurate than we thought. There's a reason little girls resonate with them so."
The book is lovely. It unearths the desires. Dangerous but freeing. Draws out the vulnerability. To point to the right Source. Well... watching this family in action is healing. Knowing I have a BIG Daddy God is awesome. I am significant. I am worth gems. I am a pearl in His hands.
Saturday, December 24, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment