
ha... been cooking and cooking and cooking.... and just interestingly... been cooking lotsa fish. ha.
hmm... tonight was quite an experiment... salmon with cream basil sauce + yoghurt with mint and cucumbers + potatoes. Hmm... realised i need to be sure of what i want. wanted just pan fried potatoes with herbs. but i know brother likes fried potatoes. so kinda did an in-between without the herbs and was kinda wishy washy potatoes. and got burnt by the hot oil. blah. battle scars. ha not terribly nice or terribly yuckie.
the yoghurt thingy was nice... liked the mint...
my first time handling salmon... had quite an adventure trying to get the skin out...OOH... I forgot!!! I could have deep fried the skin instead of discarding it away!!! AIYAH... my bro said the sauce was not enough. Shouldn't have let it boil so long. Heh.
ANYWAY... it was fun. Cooking experiments. Some turn out great. Some you learn. Just keep trying eh? Like how I finally am pleased with the sauteed mushrooms i cooked last week. Key is... lots of red wine... !!!
No comments:
Post a Comment