Sunday, October 08, 2006

dancing in freedom

just watched yet another movie on dance... realise I've been watching movies that are recommended by friends. i find that really interesting... because it is entering into another's world... and seeing a new dimension I've never seen or would not have otherwise explored. A close friend is a wonderful dancer... and introduced many dance movies... its amazing... watching these dance movies... I think dance is amazing... one of the lines that stuck with me went something like that...People dance because it frees them, it is the only time they are free... and they are free to be whatever they want. Wow. That was in light of the political situation the movie was situated at. Wow. That's why the Cubans, the Africans have such soul-moving music and dance... because of their captivity ... music and dance is their freedom.

Guess I'm still rather afraid... never dared to give my all totally at dance... maybe I should...

No comments: