Monday, March 19, 2007

time to sleep

Gotta sleep soon - another thing I'm getting used to.

It has really been HARD getting used to work. I miss my friends. There are a few friends I really want to meet up. But time is not as free or abundant.

Today sermon rocks. Wah. It really is such a faith lifter. Such a sober wake up call. Thankful. Taking responsibility is something God's been saying. Wow. Such a step into adulthood. Human beings are so good at blaming, seldom do we arise and be strong, be decisive and choose. And fall by our decisions. I need to excercise that. And not make excuses or blame. I need to.

Living out 29 going on 30 - really am faced with new issues that I have to tackle. And let go. There's a pressure to have achieved something by this age. I really struggle with that because I feel that I had not. Am asking myself hard questions - is my value tied to my achievments? What or who is fighting for? What am I building? What is my aim? What do I want to see?

I like what my friend wrote:

my point here is that we don't exactly need to work hard to be someone. rather we work hard and work to the best based on who we already are. trying to be someone or somebody else apart from who you already are... is just going to put you in some sorta pursuit.... for whatever it maybe... but if we ourselves don't even believe in ourselves on where we start off from... what's there to work on?

----------

Okay okay... I am going to sleep because I have to work tomorrow. *ting* *one point for growing up*

No comments: