
I'm amazed at how someone can find so much pleasure in structure. Glenn Gould is amazing. He plays the piano... no... he doesn't play it... he lives the music. He conducts it, he interacts with it and finds so much pleasure in producing such a clear sound in technical virtuosity. My gosh! In good tempo too. Wow.
So focused, so deep, so dedicated. Part of the fun is watching them enjoy playing - like watching Lang Lang, Yo Yo Ma...
It's great he has a choice. He hates playing concerts... and enjoys the recording studio. Eventually that's what he did. Just record. And conduct and compose later on. What a great progression for his career. What do I want to do? Can I even have the latitude to choose?
He doesn't strike the piano, but pulls it from the bottom... really reminds me of what my piano teacher taught me. To draw the sound out. To lift the sound. Mmm... and all the finger exercises... to isolate the fingers from the arm at times... or to use the wrist at times... now its making sense. BLAH... I wished I was less lazy last time. Ha. The follies of being young. To throw away opportunities and squander time.
Hmm... a new desire is building... to play more... I really want to get into this Jazz piano thing more... hmm... ... maybe its time to throw myself into something... Otaku as Seth Godin puts it... sometimes I wish to go overseas... just want to run away from responsibility at times. I feel tired. really tired.
No comments:
Post a Comment