Thursday, December 28, 2006

light



am finally seeing some light

today was another difficult day. frayed. threads were coming off... but new revelation awaits...

when broken pottery lays on the floor... the only way back is mending...

am starting to see some light...

i am reminded today on what my name means... on my destiny to stand on great heights. including that of difficulties, mountains, pain, disparate experiences, uncertainties, risks, suffering, paths strewn with broken glass...

this whole season of blues...forces me to question... what was... so that in the future, there can be what is. Am reminded of Heb 12:27 - The words "once more" indicate the removing of what can be shaken—that is, created things—so that what cannot be shaken may remain.

Shakings... of old thoughts, old foundations, old securities... that need to be removed. So that what remains is gold.

So that new tenets, new boundaries, new tools, new perspectives, new understanding can be birthed.

Broken

With torn sails and a broken compass
I see the endless horizon
Will I meet pirates or will I be shipwrecked?
Will I be able to weather more?

My fuel is running out again
I fear to be in the red once more
Much I had risked to take this journey
now stuck on an island ahoy

The storms have weathered my tenets
Am barely holding my frame
The sun has discoloured my paint
Am needing some make up alas

My crew has left me
Leaving some around
Glad for a new team
But afraid to trust

Dishevelled, dissapointed, disillusioned
Will hope return?
Flickers, I see around
Waiting for fire to flame

Can't wait to sail
But first I need to be fixed
Captain, Oh Captain
Find me an anchor to replace my frail hope

No comments: