Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Point of View


Got turned off Moulin Rouge the first time as I did not like the brash opening. But have a dancer friend who lurrves the musical so yeah... i persevered through.

well... it was still brash but I could understand why it was so well loved. The set was amazing, the story was classic, the music was enchanting and it was so dream like!

Hmm... but wat I picked up from the director was this:

>> how single thing - from the set to the make up was to Serve the Story

>> creating an effect of Real Artificiality
of how the mood is fake yet real. interesting.

The famous line of "The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return." strangely did not catch me but instead it was this - that without trust, there can be no love...

No comments: