Really really glad to be in NY
Woke up today... feeling rather dreamy.... glad we're taking it slower today... less walking... took a cruise up and down. Boy, both of us are sure 'untouristy' tourists. heh
Even yest... walking through the touristy streets bored us... yet when we went to a few lanes similar to "Haji lanes"... it was sooooooo enjoyable. Quirkeeeeeeee
wheeee!!!! went to Toys'r'us to sit on a ferris wheel.... and sat on a swing the other day at Central park... ah.... nice... to be a kid again........
just so nice to soak in fun, beauty and to take in all these sights and sounds... to be in such a diverse place... to be at the birthplace of so many things that are familliar and near... yet far in the past are right in front of me. Audrey Hepburn in Tiffany & Co., Meg Ryan at Cafe Lalo, to be in the middle of Times Square, to see Manhattan at night, to see NYPD cars... oh my. And to hear... the African Americans SING! The lady at Hairspray... when she sang, I feel like crying. Today... this young lady sang at the American Folk museum.. such simple lyrics yet so soothing to the soul... with her is a drummer on the beat box and an electric double bass guitarist... Wow. Blew me away. I love acoustic gigs like this. I love the beats and the bass notes mingling with each other.... I love how the light voice and discordant guitar chords blend in...
Being here... really whets up such an appetite for soul food... for the deeper things within... the things I had to put away, bury or ignore... can arise and be awakened.
No comments:
Post a Comment