My brother asked me, "Are you on a sugar rush?"
Heh. Yeah, coz I was putting on the British accent while creating the dessert for myself and later having an American accent. Can't help but link food with Nigella and Project Runway with New York. Grin.
I feel energized. These few days turned out a lot more fruitful. I was really needing some encouragement, motivation and empowerment. And divinely, I met this group in this writer's workshop : amazing people - people who had gone through some really rough life situations, people with a heart for social responsibility, photographers, editors, publishers and it was really really wonderful.
I came away feeling excited by the energy and the love of the people. I feel more empowered to improve on what I am/will write. Strangely, it was not just principles I "extracted" merely, but it was also healing that I felt. The shared insecurity of writers, the desire to make an impact (but keeping it realistic) and little nuggets of wisdom dished out that was born out of pain.
Today, things fell in place. I managed to let go of many things of the article I'm writing and replace it with new and better modifications. Its the big things that scare us, but its the little things that make a difference, to borrow from Malcolm Gladwell.
I feel I have my own Project Runway experience - going to submit more writing samples. Let's see if it tips. =)
No comments:
Post a Comment