Sunday, August 19, 2007

Day by Day

"Day by Day... day by day... Oh dear Lord, 3 things I pray. To see Thee more clearly, love Thee more dearly, Follow Thee more nearly, Day by day"... ringing in my head. My fav song from Godspell.

I like today. Started with a headache that thankfully went away. What was interesting in my gym session was 2 things - working out my back for my posture (which I have been wanting to correct)and also got to balance on a ball (which I'm totally freaked out about). Hmm... whilst doing the excercises...it really was one of those moments in time that goes through a time freeze. At those moments... it meant far more than leg stands or doing reps or sets. It was priceless. I have bad posture physically. My heart too. Can be too cynical. Really need to set it right. And I had to confront my fear of balancing on something that moves, something that is unstable. And I did. I learnt to trust gravity. I learnt that to be stable, I need to assign weight. I need to lean. Yes. It was a spiritual lesson at a least imaginable time.

Sigh... maybe I think too much. Maybe I should just create. Day by day. Bought sketch books and black markers, ready for my trips. =)

Nice to catch up with some old friends. But kinda feel like I've nothing much to say. Just don't feel terribly excited. But just like a mentor of mine said... our lives can't be a bonfire all the time, we'll be consumed. But all it needs is a steady flame... that never goes out. Dim it may be at times... but still burning. Perhaps that is where it is now. I'm thankful though, for so much time to myself - to read, to draw...

Caught a superb movie... it was artistic and funny. Brilliant. Focused on time freeze. I realise I do that. Time freeze. I get into my zone at times. I love travelling scenes... I loved the movie... captured many of my emotions and aspirations. It was indie yet beautifully shot and the transitions were brilliant. It was video amongst photographs. It was imagination. It was about beauty. It was about dreams. It was about roughing the mundane yet holding strong dreams. It was about being captured, enthralled...

Got so inspired... and on the way home... I decided to just make sure I'm creating... continuously. Picked up a marker I bought earlier and drew on my wall. Heh. 1/2 done. Was really afraid at first, felt the same way when I tried to balance on the ball... but continued... and I'm so happy I took the step. Always wanted to draw on my walls. Now I can. Have the chance. Pursue it. I am creating... day by day.

No comments: