Thursday, August 09, 2007

half a piece of leftover cheesecake




today is kinda not the usual kind of day

yeah - it's national day...

woke up close to 12 - last night was real fun - just gathering together to pray for Singapore - saw many many good friends, some made over the last 2 years, some over the last 5-6 years and it was just beautiful. Thankful for friendships. Thankful for people. Thankful.

dragged myself to Holland V and was fun just to start planning for the NY trip... hahaha... had a headache... that went away... phew... I like steamed milk with hazelnut syrup at Starbucks... glad they had wireless there... heh

went home and SLEPT. gosh... I knew I was tired... but yeah... I was really tired... woke up in time to catch some NDP...

mom took out a piece of fish... and I had to think of how to cook it - did a lemon-garlic-chives-parsley baked fish that was not too bad. too bad the cream was spoilt. duh. can't they sell smaller portions? hahaha. whilst waiting for the fish to bake... i ate some leftover cheesecake from my cousin's birthday...yum. can't wait to try the NY one...

love my frankie - hmm... maybe i should subscribe to it... so whimsical... so artsie... so fun... sigh... i would really like to move overseas... for a while...

hmm... watching my aunt's funeral service now - on DVD sent over from Australia. Amazing. The DVD is well done. Ok ok... beyond the tech and design details... wow... real touching... to hear the eulogies... to see the different expressions of my cousins... and also to hear so much of a life well lived. Wow. I have a godly heritage. She was the first to follow Christ in the family. And I just saw her last year... and despite her illness, she gave me ang pow money... such a giving person.

And wow... what a timely word - God will not give you a dream and crush it. =)
I'm inspired to press on.

No comments: