Friday, October 26, 2007

Moving in Hope and Loosening Expectations

Moved office today. Was really fun. Kinda mixed feelings. I want to stay because of the relationships, the excitement, the happy vibe & culture (and of course a new place). Yet there are a host of pull factors elsewhere too... If I were to go... will definitely miss this bunch of crazy peeps! All of us are just 'odd' in some ways. LOL.

Had a wonderful chat with a great friend of mine. Think we know each other for a good 12 years. Such friends are precious. How we've journeyed so much together...and hung out so much in the past. Tonight was good to reconnect again... and to just laugh at our romantic encounters and recount how we both thought about going out with each other but never did. Funny how the people we encountered... were either similar to each other or wishing they were more like each other. Funny. Find that I'm less expecting of this friendship and letting it go more. And finding that by having it loose, I find freedom. So glad he walked me home, really glad for that. Really touched my heart.

Read this from an article "Neither expecting much, both hoping everything." ... and answered my question that day - How do I not expect yet hope? Sure hope I can reach this stage soon. For all that life is ahead.

No comments: