Sunday, January 08, 2006

Arise!


Hmm... I enjoyed the old Classic - "Cinderalla"... since I"m on the topic of princesses... worth and beauty.

Browsed through a book on gems today... wow... reading how pearls are formed... how it coats itself with layers to fight the irritants. What an encouragement... to proreact to the things that poke me... ha.

"Cinderella"... yeah... princesses... Its really quite an experience to re-watch this fairy tale almost 10 years later. OMIGOSH. Ha. But ... with new insights... and new thoughts...

I think there was a time we believed in fairy tales. After bitter disappointments, the naivety burst like a bubble. Dreams - we scoff at them. Desires - we shut them out. For years.

Then Someone came along... who shows us Dreams can come true... and Desires are good and HIs. We learn to dream and desire again. With a new heart and mindset. Having the agility to accept and the maturity to process. Having the assurance to love and let go because we have a safety net. An unfailing love. Totally secure. Even mountains shake and fall into the sea, it still remains. With that everlasting arms, we can dare to love, dream and desire.

Cinderalla... gentle and kind even though she was mistreated. I want to be like that. That my spirit and character is not tainted by the evil around. Cinderella... brave enough to hope against hope... even though her heart is grieving, she still hopes. I've new found respect for this princess. Her journey is precious. Not just the wine. But the process. Not the saccharine overdose, but true grit. Character that holds. Character that shines.

The beauty of pearls is that they glow, instead of sparkle. It shines from within.

No comments: