
phew... FINALLY gotten down to doing my finances... gave up watching a free tix to Memoirs of a Geisha... think I really need to be quiet and settle into the year... ha...
The year end whirlwind plus the new year partying didn't help much for mundane things like accounts I suppose.
Am totally amazed. looking back.
How I started penniless in 04, yet with a heart of faith and trust to step into the unknown. I looked through my self-designed, self-printed invoices... how they increased both in quantity and in amount. Looking at them is surreal in a way.
I looked at my 'budget' and super basic financial planning... totally amazed how the year went.
There was a time in 04 when I really had no money... that was such a STARK experience. From the cool, advertising media babe I was, constantly having money to spend and use...to a emptying bank account, with bills to pay small gal who wonders how she will go on and whether jobs will come. To my amazement, money came in from friends. Was humbling, how it used to be ME who gave to people in need. Now, it was to receive. It was humbling, yet AWESOME how Daddy God provides. Then I got a part time video job in July 04... Phew!
I remembered telling Him I wanted so badly to give money to my mom, more than what I used to. And also to bring her on a trip to Beijing/Shanghai as that is her dream. Remembered praying in January 05... it came and went... so did Feb and March... By march I was rather concerned... and prayed again. By April... I had an avalanche of jobs which miraculously paid off her trip and more! And from then til Dec, I was able to give her more money monthly than I used to. Bizarre, but true. Only speaks of His fingerprints.
Looking back I'm amazed. There were months, it was what came in just went out.. having to juggle cash flow so that I can pay the bills, the study loans and to keep alive. But there was provision. On hind's sight... I stand in awe at the fact that I travelled to so many places last year - BJ/SH, HK/SZ, M'sia and Timor... wow.... the desires of our hearts... He knows and He is a good Father who gives good gifts to His kids. Truly. Wow. Free trips. Cheap deals.
I'm surprised. That though I earn less, I seem to have more. Probably less pubbing and restaurant dinners. Ha. And I can save. And I can have money to buy clothes and make-up. Strange, but true. Ha.
Hmm... Wow... awestruck. Totally. Life sucks at times, but its experience likes this that keeps the HOPE alive.
No comments:
Post a Comment