Saturday, January 28, 2006

pour femme

was shopping a few weeks ago... realised that i used to shun and secretly despise what is seemingly the 'excess' of womanhood - the myriad of accessories, clothes in every conceivable colour and pattern. However... whilst i was walking along Far East Plaza... I finally came to terms with this side of womanhood... to finally see how much fun it is to be a woman!!! Of course balanced with the wisdom of not spending ALL my money on "material" things... but to enjoy being a woman! (Men dun get so much fun and choice!!!) To enjoy the colours, the ingenious creations, the intricacies of woven patterns, the sparkles of jewels and so much more! just look at creation! there are soooooooo many different species of flowers, insects etc.... Maybe God created them and put in women the ability and the inclination to appreciate them! Maybe I did not know how to handle excesses or extremes too well... maybe I had been to ascetic... i think i'm finding my equilibrium..

Walking down those row of shops, I nearly want to belt out "I'm every woman!"

No comments: