WOAH. Spring clean it is!
I think this is the largest operation I ever had. Wow. Decided with much grit to face THE CUPBOARD. Ruthless, I felt I needed to be. And my motto was THROW.
Was quite sick of squeezing things into that cupboard the whole of last year... and really needed more space. Glad I finally could tackle it.
I took them apart. Threw out more than things than I thought. Enough to fill two big cartons.
It was REALLY healing. Really symbolic. Throwing out things I did not need. Things I thought I needed but in reality not. Letting go of books and notes I hung on too. Keeping things for the 'one day' that never will come realistically. Being ready to let go was good.
THROW THROW THROW I did. But I kept some.I rediscovered gems. Reusable items. Passions. Answered prayers. Articles that meant lots to me. It showed me my journey... my fears, my skewed thoughts, where I had been and how I've grown, some issues remain, but many I outgrew and became stronger. I realised I was quite a hoarder and had many fears. I even had contact lists that dated post ten years. *OMIGOSH*. I still had my uni notes. I kept so many things 'just in case'. I kept many things because I was searching. And those things I kept, were part of my search.
Its cool that I've become more balanced. That I found some clear directions. And with the internet, I don't need so much info anymore. And I've grown to let go. I've grown to be more secure. I've grown enough to THROW.
I walk past that cupboard and I feel good. Its clean. Many empty spaces. What remains is what is necessary. I feel like I've thrown away the rubbish, the baggage, the unnecessary loads of the past 15 years. I am not dragged down. I am not cumbered with too many cares. I am not dusty. I feel light. I feel clean. I feel I have space for good inheritance. I feel new. I am glad. =)
Sunday, January 22, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
dropping by. hugs. love ya.
Post a Comment